EN 1.4429/ AISI 316LN (UNS S31653) is an austenitic chromium-nickel-molybdenum stainless steel. It is an enhanced version of AISI 316 with nitrogen addition which provides solid solution hardening and increased yield strength. It is typically used in the pharmaceutical industry, in the chemical industry and in the petrochemical industry. This material has very good general and pitting/crevice corrosion resistance. Mechanical properties are also good, and it is weldable with all common techniques.
- Chemical Industry
- Food and beverage industry
- Medical and pharmaceutical industry
- Petroleum and petrochemical industry
- AISI 316LN / SIS2375 / SS2375 / UNS S31653 / JIS SUS316LN
- AFNOR Z3CND17-12Az / B.S. 316S63 / UNE F.3543
- ASTM A 240 / A 276
- German Material no.: 1.4429
Material may also be supplied against Customer specifications, subject to enquiry.
Chemical Composition, %
We supply a range of flat bars and round bars, on both stock and indent basis.
Primarily manufactured in: Europe, US